Our Word Extractor is a tool for teachers and specialists that can help students learn vocabulary words that are embedded in a text. InferCabulary will identify vocabulary words in the text so you can Star words for your students and/or create assignments to help them learn the terms.
- Click on Word Extractor in the menu.
- Copy the text your students will be reading and past it into the Word Extractor.
- Click on the blue button that says Find InferCabulary Words.
- The Word Extractor will generate a list of words that are in InferCabulary from your text.
There are several ways to choose words from Extracted Words:
- Words that have the blue box checked are selected words. To select words, check the blue box. To unselect a word, click on the box in front of the word and remove the check.
- To narrow down the list of words, click on Grade Level, and choose the level of words you want your students to learn.
What would you like to do with these words? There are two blue buttons at the top of the list:
- Create Assignment for Classroom - these are quizzes that give you a score for how well your student performed. Students will use the Ascent game to identify the one word that goes will all four pictures. See more information on assignments here.
- Starring Words - will prioritize these words when your students are climbing the mountain once they have completed the words you have already starred. See more information on Starring words here.
Watch our Youtube video to see the Word Extractor in action.