We're excited to announce the new Assignments feature, which has been requested by many of our teachers and specialists!
What are Assignments?
Assignments let you create word sets to use for short practice sessions or quizzes.
A few highlights:
- Handpick which words to include in each assignment.
- Assign to the whole class or just to individual students.
- View student scores and results per word.
How do assignments work for students?
Students will see the Assignments link in their top menu. After opening Assignments, students will see all of their new and completed assignments.
Students will answer each word. When they complete all the words in the assignment, they'll see their score.
Can students retake assignments?
Students can review the words in an assignment they already completed, but only the score they got on the first try will be displayed.
How do I create an assignment?
1. In your teacher dashboard, click the Assignments tab to get to your Assignments List.
2. Then, click the Add New Assignment button. Name the assignment, and then you will see the Assignment Details screen.
3. Select Words: In the Assigned Words section, you have two ways to add words.
- You can select Browse Word List if you want to filter by level, book, or category, and add several words at a time.
- Or, you can use Search a Word if you already know the words you want to add.
4. Assign to students: Students will only see the assignment if their name is checked off in the Students and Results section. Select which students should complete the assignment. You can use the top checkbox if you want to select all the students in the classroom.
5. Star Words: You can STAR words for your students meaning they will work on these words as they play through InferCabulary. Click on the Star All Words button. To learn more about starring words, see this Help Desk article.
6. View Results: When a student completes an assignment, their score will show in the Students and Results section. Click the arrow to view more details on the results.