This article is part of the initial setup guide for institution administrators. Before starting these steps, you should have already set up your schools and classrooms.
There are three ways to create a student account:
1. Import student roster: The institution admin can import a CSV of all students for a school, and assign the students to the correct classroom(s) and student groups. This is the fastest option for schools with many classrooms.
2. Use an invitation link: Each student can be provided with the unique invitation link for their classroom. Once they access the link, students can create their own accounts and will automatically be added to the classroom.
3. Create student account manually: From the classroom details screen, a teacher or institution admin can create student accounts one by one.
The Import Student Roster allows you to import a list of all the students for a school. The student accounts will be created, and the students will be assigned to the indicated classrooms and groups.
1. On the School Details screen, click Upload Student Roster
2. Click Download template to download a template with sample data filled in. Using Excel, replace the sample data with your list of student accounts for the school. Be sure to follow the instructions on the Import Student Roster screen.
To add a student to multiple classrooms, simply add an additional row for that student, and change only the classroom name.
3. After editing the CSV template, save the file.
4. Click Choose File to select the student roster file that you saved. Then click Continue.
5. You will see a progress bar while the file processes. When the import is complete, you will see a a confirmation. If any errors were found, you will need to edit the file and try again.