This article covers the creation of teacher accounts for a school, and assigning teachers to classrooms.
See note for creation of school specialist accounts.
There are two ways to create a teacher account:
1. Add accounts manually - This can be done by going to a classroom details screen and using the Add Teacher function. If you have only a few teachers to add, this is the easiest option.
2. Import Teacher Roster - If you have a larger number of teachers to add, you can use the Upload Teacher Roster function to import a CSV file that will create teacher accounts and add them to a classroom.
Option 1 - Add accounts manually
1. From the School Details page, select the classroom to which the teacher will be added. This will open the Classroom Details screen.
2. In the Teachers list, click Add. Then, click Create New User.
3. In the form, fill in all fields. The username is automatically set to the teacher's email address but can optionally be changed.
4. Click Continue. The teacher has now been created and added to the classroom.
Option 2 - Import Teacher Roster
The Import Teacher Roster allows you to import a list of all the teachers for a school. The teacher accounts will be created, and the teacher will be assigned to the indicated classroom.
1. On the School Details screen, click Upload Teacher Roster
2. Click Download template to download a template with sample data filled in. Using Excel, replace the sample data with your list of teacher accounts for the school. Be sure to follow the instructions on the Import Teacher Roster screen.
3. After editing the CSV template, save the file.
4. Click Choose File to select the teacher roster file that you saved. Then click Continue.
5. You will see a progress bar while the file processes. When the import is complete, you will see a a confirmation. If any errors were found, you will need to edit the file and try again.
School specialists accounts are created exactly in the same way as described in this article for teacher accounts, except the steps are followed under the Student Groups section, rather than Classrooms.